The YKIP team visited the SMPN 4 Bungaya school in Karangasem, 5kms from Amlapura city, in December 2011 to meet and greet with the principal and the teachers of the school. About 10 years ago this state junior high school was established by the initiative of a local teacher who recognised that many of the primary school graduates from the …
Try to imagine walking three kilometers to school on a daily basis, knowing the nearest Junior High School is ten kilometres away and the Kembali distribution meeting point is twenty! This is what Wayan, aged 10, with her 8 year old sister, Kadek, have to deal with. With no parents, they have to live with their extended family. Wayan is …
As a part of YKIP-YKIDS’s commitment to providing the best services for the families of the Bali Bombing victims, we conducted a three-day site visit to East Java. The field and administrative officer (FOA), Sri Damayanti, visited seven families and eleven children during this trip. They are located in Banyuwangi, Jember, Mojokerto, Surabaya, Sidoarjo and Sitobondo. Based on our monitoring …
Annual Education Cost for Academic Year 2014/2015
|School Level||IDR||USD||PayPal USD|
|Elementary School, Grade 1 – 6||1,980,000||180||189|
|Junior High School, Grade 7||4,014,000||365||383|
|Junior High School, Grade 8 or 9||3,433,000||313||328|
|Senior High School, Grade 10||5,047,000||459||481|
|Senior High School, Grade 11 or 12||4,481,000||408||428|
- The above cost represents an annual education cost for the academic year 2014/2015, effective as per February 1, 2014.
- The exchange rate used in converting the education cost is assumed at IDR 11,000 for USD. We use this rate in anticipation of the fluctuation of Rupiah against USD to ensure that the fund after the conversion to Rupiah is sufficient.
- Payments made through PayPal are subject to a PayPal rates include 4.4% transaction fee + US $0.30 per transaction. Please go to this link for detail: PayPal Fees for International Payments
- Please click here to download YKIP Sponsorship Form 2014/2015, which also contains several options regarding your sponsorship preference and payment methods of your donation. We highly recommend you supporting the secondary school students (7 to 12 graders) as their school fees are considerably high to afford.
- You are more than welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to consult further regarding the educational cost and your sponsorship plan.